Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Fall Fun For Everyone Directions for Kid's Club

Here are the directions for the three Kid's Club projects we made for Fall Fun for everyone.

Jack O'Latern Matchbook-

1. Cut 2 1/2 x 6 piece of cardstock
2. Score at 2 1/4 and 5 1/4 (if you are making alot do all the scoring first then cut!)
3. Stamp image on front cover. I used spooky smiles image.
4. Staple the lifesavers to the 1 in piece inside the matchbook.
5. Use a hole puncher to punch out eyes and glue eyes in middle of lifesaver.

What a simple project!!

Circle Pumpkin-

1. Punch out 10 circles of any size(this can also be an oval or scallop circle) I used three inch circle for my bigger circle and 1 1/2 in circle for the smaller one.

2. Sponge all of the circles with some cocoa to give it the brown texture you see on pumpkins.

3. Fold the circles in half. The side that you sponged should be in the inside of the circle.

4. Using the glue stick glue one half of the circle to the another half of the circle and keep going until all the circles are glued together. In order for the pumpkin to stand I cut off from the bottom a section of the circle.

5. Use a tiny strip of cocoa to make the stem and squeeze inside the hole.

6. Take some green paper and curl for the ivy and you can stamp a leaf using one of the leaves stamp set of if you still have the paper leaves from CTMH you can use that (it has been retired for some time now)

7. Decorate your house with these cute pumpkins or give as a gift! :) What an easy homemade gift!!

Circle Turkey-

1. Punch out 8 circles from your biggest circle puncher and 1 circle from the smallest. (this can also be a scallop circle) I used three inch circle for my bigger circle and 1 1/2 in circle for the smaller one for the face.

2. Fold the circles in half.

3. Using the glue stick glue one half of the circle to the another half of the circle and keep going until you have two groups of 4 circles that are glued together. One group will be for the front and the other group will be for the back. In order for the turkey to stand I cut off from the bottom a section of the circle

4. Stamp eight images from the playful petals stamp set onto colonial white or white daisy. I used three different yellow color for fall colors. One of my students did pink and purple another did blue and green. Use your imagination for the colors :) Cut out the eight images.

5. Find a background and texture paper you want. Glue the images from above onto this paper creating a fan look. (I had a template for my kiddos to trace...if I had a scanner I would scan it for you.) Once you glue all that down cut around to make it look like feathers (one big piece)See picture below for my template I created.

6. Glue the background and texture to a cardstock and cut again around the feathers to create one larger feathery body. See picture below for my template I created.


7. Glue the groups of circles onto the body. One group will go on the front and the other group on the back.

8. With the smaller circle use the cropdile or eyelet tool to create the eyes on the top of the circle. Then use the brad to hold the photo clip for the bottom half of the circle. I ended up changing it for the kids and made the brads orange so it look more like a beak color and the pink photo clip became the wattle! Glue the head on the front side of the turkey just above the bigger circles.

7. Decorate your house with these cute turkeys or give as a gift! :) What an easy homemade gift!!

No comments:

Post a Comment